translocation of Porites bommies

Michael Rosenfeld roz at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Nov 16 04:47:54 EST 1999

Hi all,

Why would somebody move massive Porites colonies with diameters over 2
meters (probably over a 100 years old)? We feel that no scientific work can
justify risking such an old coral that survived for that long. Can't the
same goal be achieved by using smaller colonies, which are more abundant?

Michael Rosenfeld and Maoz Fine