Acanthochromis in Wallacea?

Kathryn Kavanagh kava at bio.bu.edu
Mon Nov 15 20:31:01 EST 1999

Hi -

I have a question for those knowledgable of the reef-fish fauna of
Southeast Asia.

Could you let me know if the damselfish _Acanthochromis
polyacanthus_ (Pomacentridae) ("Spiny Chromis") occurs on any of the
islands or peninsular areas of Indonesia or Malaysia, including Borneo,
and whether this species occurs in the western regions of the Philippines?

There is quite an interesting story with this species and the distribution
is not reported (or known?) very precisely.

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Kathryn Kavanagh