translocation of Porites bommies

Precht, Bill Bprecht at pbsj.com
Tue Nov 16 12:32:34 EST 1999

to also answer some of the comments regarding damaging such heads... we have
found that using the proper equipment by trained personnel (i.e. commercial
divers with reef restoration experience & know how)- that essentially no
damage to living tissue occurs...we then transport the coral using lifts to
its predetermined "final" resting place, build a pedastal, and re-attach. we
have done this with corals the size of a fist - to the size of a car.

cheers,

Bill