To Bali or not to Bali....

Reef-99 reef99 at uninet.net.id
Wed Oct 6 04:48:02 EDT 1999

Dear Colleagues,
To Bali or Not to Bali, I think we all know that Bali 2000 is cancelled.
We have to focused on marine environment, the lessons learned from discussion
on partnership,mobilizing resources and building political will, can send
powerful positive
message to the attention of the Government.

We must not allow the failure to politicized aid that was labeled as
development assistance,or the failed project of the past,to overshadow the
success stories achieved by so many. We must join forces to roll back the tide
of doubt that threatened the world's development enterprise. If we fail,the
worst-hit victems will not be devlopment institutions, the Government or
research centers and dedicated men and women within them. The real victems will
be the natural ecosystems and the weakest in human society-
the poor, the hungry, the unemployed and the marginalized.Even more,the future
generation willnot only be deprived of themarvels of the coral reefs and the
marine
ecosystems that support them, but will inhert polluted waters, unhealthy
air,parched fields and eroded soil.
This is just something to think about.
Save Our Seas Foundation
Ron Scipio