Part-Time MesoAmerica Grassroots Coordinator Position

Alexander Stone reefkeeper at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 6 12:20:36 EDT 2000

********************************
MesoAmerica Grassroots
Conservation Coordinator
Half-time Miami-based Position
********************************

JOB DESCRIPTION
You will work 20 hours a week from our Miami Office on grassroots
coordination for coral reef conservation in Mexico, Belize and Honduras.

ABOUT REEFKEEPER INTERNATIONAL
We are an international non-profit conservation advocacy organization
exclusively dedicated to the protection of coral reefs and their marine
life. Our campaigns focus on creation and management of marine protected
areas, prevention of physical damage to coral reefs, coastal zone
management and marine water quality policy reform, and modification of
unsustainable or habitat-damaging fishing practices.  See our website at
www.reefkeeper.org.

COMPENSATION
Starting pay is $10.00/hour. Twenty hours per week, flexible schedule.
Paid vacation, sick leave, and work holidays.

ASSIGNMENT COMPONENTS
        o communicate with ReefKeeper members, ReefKeeper Network
groups,
                sport diving businesses, and civic clubs to generate
                conservation issue activism
        o write English and Spanish action alerts to motivate grassroots
                involvement
        o coordinate & facilitate collaborative projects with local
                MesoAmerica groups
        o translate rulemaking requests & comment letters from English
                 Spanish

POSITION REQUIREMENTS
        o bilingual (Spanish-English fluent speaker & writer)
        o excellent writing abilities
        o outgoing and motivating personality
        o strong oral & phone communication skills
        o attention to detail & organization
        o available for occassional weekend and evening work

PREFERENCES
        o student at graduate school or person with no other employment
                committments
        o certified SCUBA diver
        o familiarity with coral reefs & marine resource issues

TO APPLY
Send letter of interest & resume. No phone calls, please.

ReefKeeper International
2809 Bird Avenue - PMB 162 / Miami, FL 33133
e-mail: a_stone at reefkeeper.org / fax (305) 358-3030
www.reefkeeper.org