Bahamas Summer Course

Danny Gleason dgleason at gsvms2.cc.gasou.edu
Mon Apr 10 19:47:08 EDT 2000

Greetings!  We still have a few spots left in our Tropical Marine Biology
summer field course held at Lee Stocking Island, Bahamas! This course will
run July 17-31, 2000. More detailed information can be found below. If you
have students that are interested, please tell them to contact me soon! We
would also appreciate it if you would post this information within your
department.
Thank you,
Danny Gleason

FIELD COURSE IN BAHAMAS

Tropical Marine Biology
What:  Intensive 2-week field course that will introduce you to the natural
history and ecology of a variety of tropical marine organisms and
ecosystems including mangroves, seagrasses, rocky shores and coral reefs.

Where: Caribbean Marine Research Center, Lee Stocking Island, Bahamas

When: July 17  31, 2000

Credit hours: Up to 4 on semester system
Prerequisites and Requirements:  General Biology or equivalent and
permission of instructor. Must be able to swim 400 yds non-stop and tread
water for 10 minutes.

Cost: Approximately $1,800 + tuition ($1,800 includes room, board,
laboratory fees, boat fees, diving and/or snorkeling fees, and
transportation costs from Statesboro, GA)

Interested?  Contact Daniel Gleason, Georgia Southern University,
Department of Biology.
E-mail: dgleason at gasou.edu
Phone: 912-681-5957
For more information see the following home page:
http://www.bio.gasou.edu/Bio-home/Gleason/Trop_Mar_Biol/TMB_Home_Page.html

**************************************
"Heck, we're invertebrates, my boy!  As a whole, we're
the movers and shakers on this planet!  Spineless
superheroes, that's what we are!"
Father Worm to his son in "There's a Hair in My Dirt -
A Worm Story" by Gary Larson
Daniel Gleason
Department of Biology
Georgia Southern University