Job Announcement

Christy Pattengill-Semmens pattengill at excite.com
Wed Apr 26 14:44:38 EDT 2000

Please reply directly to Laddie Akins, reef003 at aol.com
JOB OPENING

Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF)

JOB TITLE:  Education/Outreach Coordinator
JOB LOCATION:  Key Largo, FL
WORK SCHEDULE:  Full time, including some weekends as needed
SALARY:  $26,000; health benefits and 2 weeks paid vacation after one year
START DATE:  August 15, 2000

REEF is a nonprofit environmental organization with over 17,000 members.=20
Our primary focus is educating divers and the general public about marine
life and how to conduct marine life surveys during their dives.  REEF
manages this information for use by the scientific and management
communities.  We are seeking a person to identify, establish and encourage
local partnerships to strengthen REEF's current programs and to further
develop our education and outreach goals.
=20
The successful candidate should have experience in grassroots organizing,
communications, event coordination, and an interest in marine issues.
Minimum requirements include Bachelors in Marine Biology or Environmental
Education or equivalent experience, scuba certification with extensive
diving experience, computer and Website literacy, public speaking skills an=
experience in surveying marine organisms.  Extensive travel, both in the
U.S. and abroad, will be associated with this position.

Send letter of interest and resume by June 1 to REEF, EOC Position, P.O. Bo=
246, Key Largo, FL 33037, Fax (305) 451-0028, reef003 at aol.com.

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:

=B7 Implement a support network for REEF's local partners to increase ongoi=
ng
survey programs, including training, material development, and promotion of
local activities.
=B7 Manage REEF's Field Station program, a group of dive shops and resorts =
who
support REEF's survey activities.
=B7 Coordinate with our local partners to present REEF's annual Great Ameri=
can
Fish Count event each July and update GAFC postings on the Website.
=B7 Identify new local partners.
=B7 Assist when needed on organization-wide projects and events.
=B7 Assist with general functioning of REEF HQ office.

Christy Pattengill-Semmens, Ph.D.
Scientific Coordinator
Reef Environmental Education Foundation
www.reef.org