Julian Sprung's email.

Don McAllister mcall at superaje.com
Mon Aug 28 08:14:25 EDT 2000

Hi Bill,

Your comments on high temperatures and low oxygen are interesting.  Sounds like it would be worth following
up.  It would seem we know so little of basic biology of coral colonies and their inhabitants.

The high respiration rates are interesting too. Tropical fishes are supposed to be more stenothermal - have
a more limited range of optimal temperatures than boreal fishes. That might combine with low oxygen levels
It would be interesting to see if there will be direct stresses on coral reef fishes as well as through the
loss of habitat.

don
Don McAllister