Echinometra mathei : urchin hunch

Bernard THOMASSIN thomassi at com.univ-mrs.fr
Wed Dec 13 15:26:41 EST 2000

Dear,

Few years ago I published a paper to show that Echiometra miocenica
(a foosil sea-urchin from Miocen carbonate layers) was the same as
the modern Echinometra mathaei the most common sea-urchin of the
Indo-Pacific coasts.
Do demonstrate this analogie we made a biometrical study (largest
diameter bversus hight) of various population of Echinometra mathei.

Are you interested by the paper. Title is :

- NEGRETTI B., PHILIPPE M., SOUDET H.J., THOMASSIN B.A., OGGIANO G.,
1990. Echinometra miocenica Loriol, échinide miocène, synonyme
d'Echinometra mathaei (Blainville), actuel : biogéographie et
paléoécologie. Geobios, 23 (4) : 445-459.

Good luck.
Scheers.
Bernard A. THOMASSIN
thomassi at sme.com.univ-mrs.fr

Centre d'Oceanologie de Marseille,
Station Marine d'Endoume,
rue de la Batterie des Lions,
13007 Marseille
tél. (33) 04 91 0416 17
tél. GSM 06 63 14 91 78
fax. (33) 04 91 04 16 35 (à l'attention de...)