MPAs -Conventional Wisdom?

kathryn pederson kayamoo at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:49:18 EST 2000

Dear Coralisters,

Does anyone have any case studies (references) relating CONVENTIONAL WISDOM
of COMMUNITY MANAGED MPAs (what does or doesn't work in terms of effective
conservation and long-term community participation) ?

I am compiling  a "list" of "lessons learned", in common through case
studies.

Especially, I am looking for any cases from Samoa and the South Pacific.

PS-
Does anyone know the e-mail for : Mike King (AusAID) , Fisheries Division in
Apia, Western SAmoa,  ?????

You may answer directly to:   kayamoo at hotmail.com
Thank you.

Kaya Pederson
Monterey Institute of International Studies
Graduate Policy School
International Environmental Policy
Monterey, CA 93940  USA
tel. 831-333-0887