eweil at caribe.net
Tue Dec 19 16:09:39 EST 2000
30th Scientific Meeting of the Association of Marine
Laboratories of the Caribbean - AMLC
June 24-29, 2001
La Parguera, Puerto Rico.
The Association of Marine Laboratories of the Caribbean (AMLC) is pleased to announce the 30th Scientific Meeting of the Association. This meeting will be hosted by the Department of Marine Sciences of the University of Puerto Rico in La Parguera, Puerto Rico, June 24-29, 2001.
Contact persons are Dr. Ernesto Weil, President of the AMLC, (PO BOX 908 Lajas, PR 00667), Pho. (787) 899-2048 ext. 241, Fax. (787) 899-5500/2630, (eweil at caribe.net), Mrs. Zulma Martinez, and Mrs. Lilivette Valle (PO BOX 908, Lajas, PR 00667. Tel. (787) 899-2048 ext. 223. Fax. (787) 899-5500 (zulma at rmocfis.uprm.edu / lili at rmocfis.uprm.edu)
The Organizing and Scientific Committees have proposed eight main themes for the meeting which reflect current regional problems and priorities in marine research and management development in the region. Each theme will have a half day session.. A general topics session will include all those topics not included in the theme list. Wednesday 27 is a field /excursion day.
- Diseases of Coastal Marine Organisms in the Wider Caribbean, Status and Prognosis.
- Oceanography, Coastal Processes and Remote Sensing. Status and Applications of New Tools.
- Natural and Anthropogenic Disturbances in Caribbean Marine Communities
- Marine Biotechnology - Natural Products - Molecular Approaches and Future Benefits
- Biodiversity and Ecology of Marine Communities in the Wider Caribbean.
- Fisheries and Aquaculture in the Wider Caribbean: Status and Future
- Marine Protected Areas (MPA's): What's next?
- General Topics in Marine Research in the Caribbean
Registration - Dead lines
The deadline for early registration and abstract submission is March 1, 2001. Please consult the AMLC webpage for detailed information on abstract and manuscript format, hotel reservations and registration fees and forms.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Coral-list-old