Pacific coral harvest/enforcement questions

Gene Buck GBUCK at crs.loc.gov
Mon Feb 28 11:46:43 EST 2000

Coral Group:

          I'm seeking answers to a couple of questions for a U.S. Congressional office.  I've sent this same query to the Western Pacific Fishery Management Council, but would like to see from whom or where else I might be able to find information on any of the following:

           I'm looking for a breakdown of recent (last few years) coral harvest statistics for U.S. Pacific Island areas; and

           I'd like to find some discussion or highlighting of any enforcement issues related to coral resource management in U.S. Pacific Island areas.

                                         Gene Buck, senior analyst
                                         Congressional Research Service

          gbuck at crs.loc.gov