Title 47

Coral-List Admin jch at aoml.noaa.gov
Thu Jan 27 07:26:18 EST 2000

I think I'm required to periodically post this; however,
I'm not an attorney and have zero knowledge about the
applicability of the law:

  CODE, TITLE 47, Sec.227(a) (2) (B), a computer/
 modem/printer meets the definition of a telephone fax
 machine. By Sec.227 (b) (1) (C), it is unlawful to send
 any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
 Sec.227 (b) (3) (C), a violation of the aforementioned
 Section is punishable by action to recover actual
 monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each
 violation."