coral recruitment

Ron Devine Vave s96007966 at student.usp.ac.fj
Mon Jun 26 18:27:30 EDT 2000

Bula (Hello) everyone!

I have heard, and it has been suggested to me by colleagues that one way
of measuring coral recuitment is by the use of plates; whereby plates are
positioned at sites of interest and the settlement by corals and or
percentage cover is measured some time later.

If you do know of any works, journal articles or websites which divulge
iformation on this methodology, could you please inform me of them.

Any information on coral mining too, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Ron Vave
Postgraduate student,
Marine Science Programme,