Global Coral Disease Database

Fabrice POIRAUD-LAMBERT fpl10 at calva.net
Mon Mar 6 13:43:16 EST 2000

HI,

I don't know if that's an interesting feedback or not, but I'm just back
from the Philippines where I saw problems on Small polyped corals
(Acropora, Seriatopora, Pocillopora, etc...) and on few other hard corals
like lobophyllia :
- let say that 1% of the colonies are suffering (global eye perception : i
did not count)
- Tissue necrosis (starting from the heart to the tips of the branches) is
visible (some might be caused by snails, but some are not)
- bleaching (it currently rains a lot - too much for the season ? - and SST
is only max 28°C)

Few COT are visible. Seems not to be a pb.

According to algae color evolution on dead part of the killed colonies, it
seems that this problem exists for a while...

Best
Fabrice POIRAUD-LAMBERT

-------