Coral Toxins & Human skin reaction

Bill Burnett W.J.Burnett at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 04:11:06 EST 2000

>  I'm looking for information about how to cure eczema caused by
> regular contact with corals...
>
> Thanks a lot for any help !
>
> Best
> Fabrice POIRAUD-LAMBERT

Hi Fabrice - it's easy, just don't handle any corals.  Grin.  Sorry,
not very helpful.  This is a pretty widespread problem - all the skin
falls off my hands the first day out collecting zoanthids - and I
know lots of coral people with the same problem.  Come to think of it
I know clam and prawn people too.  The simple answer is just to wear
surgical gloves - I use nice bright blue nitrile ones.

Bill.

Bill Burnett   w.j.burnett at ncl.ac.uk
University of Newcastle upon Tyne