coral scars

Gustaf mamangkey tmmp at manado.wasantara.net.id
Fri Mar 17 00:26:37 EST 2000

Dear coral-list,

I have something that is still confusing me. Could we distinguish a scar
made by Drupella cornus or Acanthaster or other animals? I got a statement
from Forde (1992) cited in Turner (1994)(Coral Reefs, 13: 41-48: Spatial
variablity in the abundance of the coralliovorous gastropod Drupella
cornus) where the highest diversity of D. cornus is in damaged corals. How
could it be? since they have to find polyps for diet.  I would be very
grateful if you could help me in getting the information above. Thank you
in advance.

Best regards,
Gustaf Mamangkey
Tropical Marine Mollusc Programme
Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Sciences
Sam Ratulangi University
Jl. Kampus UNSRAT Bahu, Manado 95115
Indonesia
Telephone: +62-431-845508 (00:00 GMT + 7)
email: tmmp at manado.wasantara.net.id
Homepage: http://www.biology.au.dk/marine.eco/tmmp

home: Jl. Harapan No. 7
      Kompl. SDN Winangun