Walt Jaap STP
Walt.Jaap at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Mar 29 14:11:32 EST 2000
29 MARCH 2000
NOTICE TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS
The Coral Reef/Hardbottom Monitoring Project funded through the U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency seeks an independent statistical consultant to
provide evaluation of preliminary data analyses and conduct analyses on data
collected to date per following details. E-mail a short curriculum vitae with
request for project summary, metadata and required quote form (TO BE RETURNED
BY 21 APRIL 2000) and include your FAX number.
Coral/hardbottom Monitoring Project Independent Consultant:
Travel for consultation and conference call with principal investigators,
project manager and project data manager at FMRI will be required to accomplish
Project summary and metadata are available. Data files will be provided by data
manager in agreed upon format.
Contact CRMP data manager Keith Hackett at FMRI (727)896-8626 EXT 1136 or the
project manager jenni.wheaton at dep.state.fl.us for clarification and/or further
All information developed by the independent consultant is proprietary to the
The consultant shall provide quality assurance (QA) and statistical analyses
for data from 1996-1999 as follows:
ANALYSES OF VIDEO IMAGE ANALYSIS DATA
1) QA interobserver analyses of variability in files submitted by staff
assigned point counting responsibilities: 1996-1999.
2) QA analyses to qualify new point counters.
3) QA analyses of variability in inter-laboratory image analyses (1996 -16
files; 1997-16 files; 1998-16 files; 1999-17 files.
4) QA analyses of variability in image analysis results from Sand Key Shallow
consecutive sampling to determine sampling error.
5) Univariate and multivariate statistical analyses for trends in percent cover
of stony corals, octocorals, sponges, macroalgae, substrate and other benthic
categories 1996-1998 by station, site, habitat type and sanctuary-wide.
ANALYSES OF SPECIES INVENTORY DATA
1) QA analyses of variability in species presence/absence and disease and
categories for Sand Key Shallow 1999 consecutive sampling to determine
2) Univariate and multivariate statistical analyses for trends in species
presence/absence and disease and bleaching categories for 1996-1999 by station,
site, habitat type and sanctuary-wide..
BOTH DATA SETS
1) Perform power analyses on image analysis data and species inventory data to
sampling adequacy by defining asymptote of species area curves.
2) Conduct spatial analyses with both CRMP data sets and FKNMS WQPP water
More information about the Coral-list-old