Fiji, Tahiti, Rangiroa

Osha Gray Davidson osha at pobox.com
Wed May 3 13:16:15 EDT 2000

Can anyone help me get up-to-date information on anthropogenic threats to
reefs around Fiji, Tahiti and Rangiroa? Specifically, I'm interested in
unconfirmed reports of blast and cyanide fishing in those areas. Also, does
coral mining still continue in Fiji (and in other areas)? I read reports
that the Fijian government was considering a ban on the practice--but
haven't heard anything further. Any information would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Osha

Osha Gray Davidson
	Adjunct Associate Professor
	International Programs, University of Iowa

MAILING ADDRESS:
Osha Gray Davidson
14 S. Governor St.
Iowa City, IA 52240