Ladan Mohajerani Flight 006

Gregor Hodgson gregorh at ucla.edu
Wed Nov 1 16:42:01 EST 2000

It is with great sadness that I report that Ms. Ladan Mohajerani,  the Reef
Check Operations Manager, was on Singapore Air flight 006 and is now listed as
missing more than 24 hours after the event.  I am assuming the worst. I was
originally booked on the flight but changed reservations at the last minute.

Ladan only worked with Reef Check for two months, so some of you probably know
her better than I. Those of you who had the pleasure of meeting her will agree
that she was a unique, lovely human being, with boundless enthusiasm, kindness
and intelligence and a true love of the ocean and coral reefs.

Assuming that no miracles occur, there will be a memorial service. It could
possibly be of some comfort to her family if I could compile notes from her
coral reef friends from afar that express how Ladan touched your lives, even
if briefly.

I would like to thank all of you who made her visit to Bali such a wonderful
experience.
--
Gregor Hodgson, PhD
Director, Reef Check Foundation

Office Tel: 310-794-4985  Fax: 310-825-0758 or 310-825-9663
Email: gregorh at ucla.edu  Web: www.ReefCheck.org