point-count

s96008249 at usp.ac.fj s96008249 at usp.ac.fj
Tue Nov 14 16:41:53 EST 2000

Hi All Coral-listers,

I am having problems in trying to distinguish holes made by urchins
on my experimental substrate. I am trying to do point-count using a
software and don't know what actually to look for.

There are grooves as well as holes on the substrate. This substrate
was brought in from the field after 3 months of urchin exposure. I
have to do the point count inorder to assess the %grazed
and/or bored. Hence, take these values to work out the bioerosion
rates of the slabs.

I wonder if dyeing the slabs would be of any help.

Your immediate assistance will be appreciated.

Subhashni Appana.