Corals and human disturbance

Stephen C Jameson sjameson at coralseas.com
Sat Sep 2 13:34:36 EDT 2000

Dear Nicolas and other interested coral listers,

Regarding:

>Could anybody point me in the correct direction for authoritative
>publications on corals and human disturbance, other than Bernart Salvat's
>(ed.)

Here are some web sites that will be helpful.

- For the International Coral Reef Initiative "State of the Reefs" Report
(Jameson et al. 1995) see:

www.ogp.noaa.gov/misc/coral/sor/

- For the World Resources Institute "Reefs at Risk" report see:

www.wri.org/indictrs/reefrisk.htm

- For the latest (1998) Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network (GCRMN)
report see:

www.aims.gov.au/scr1998

- For the Reef Check (now part of the GCRMN) web site see:

www.ReefCheck.org

PS.  For a concise summary of "US monitoring efforts" over the last 50
years see "Development of Biological Criteria for Coral Reef Ecosystem
Assessment" (Jameson et al. 1998) at:

www.epa.gov/owow/oceans/coral

Best regards,

Dr. Stephen C. Jameson, President
Coral Seas Inc. - Integrated Coastal Zone Management
4254 Hungry Run Road, The Plains, VA  20198-1715  USA
Office:  703-754-8690, Fax:  703-754-9139
Email:  sjameson at coralseas.com
Web Site:  www.coralseas.com