Interent/GPS Devices in Reef Management

Caro & Robert Kay kays at coastalmanagement.com
Mon Sep 25 08:33:51 EDT 2000

Dear Coral List members

Does anyone know of any pilot studies of the use of Interent and GPS
enabled mobile devices (like cell phones and Personal Digital
Assistants) being used in coral reef management in general - and
community-based reef management in particular?

I'm interested in exploring the role of such technology in
community-based monitoring programs, and how such programs could be
used to assist in sustainable coastal management for an upcoming
article in icoast.

Looking forward to your help.

Rob
Caro & Robert Kay - www.coastalmanagement.com

The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
proprietary, confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have
received this email in error, please contact us by replying
and delete this email so that it is not recoverable. If you are not
the intended recipient(s), any retention, review, disclosure,
distribution, copying, printing, dissemination, or other use of, or
the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is
strictly prohibited and without liability on our part.