Caribbean Coral Associate ID

Iain Macdonald I.Macdonald at mmu.ac.uk
Fri Apr 6 11:39:37 EDT 2001

Dear all

I am trying to locate photographic identification of coral associates
(by this term i include macroborers (not micro-borers i.e. less than
1mm) - such as boring sponges, worms etc - and any encrusting
organisms i.e. coralline algae, bryozoans etc.). I have had a great
deal of success looking through the literature however most
references are not available to me first hand. I only get photocopies
which sometimes do not allow adequate resolution. If anybody has
jpeg's that they would send to me or knows of a web site with
detailed pic's then i would be grateful if they could contact me for
my "want list" of organisms. Alternatively if you have authored a
paper or submitted a PhD or other degree with such information
please respond to me at

I.Macdonald at mmu.ac.uk

PS The phoenix effect will make a comeback soon, once i collate
all my facts and references.

Cheers, once again

Iain Macdonald
Room E402 John Dalton Extension Building,
Department of Environmental and Geographical Science,
Manchester Metropolitan University,
Chester Street,
Manchester,
M1 5GD