fisher training

Dr Tracy Clark tclark at intnet.mu
Tue Apr 24 05:40:43 EDT 2001

I am trying to get in touch with Liana McManus as I believe she
successfully developed fisher training prior to the creation of a marine
park at Bolanao, Philippines. (This lead was given to me by Brad Opdyke at
ANU).

Further to that, we are developing a programme of fisher training on the
Mauritian Island of Rodrigues which will be designed to include
introductions to lagoon, fish and fisheries ecology as well as the theories
behind marine reserves and other management measures.

I would be very grateful if we could be recommended publications, training
manuals or anyone who has previous experience in this area in order for us
to develop a programme which can benefit from this.

Many thanks,

Tracy Clark