Color Differences Within Species

tom h gray reef-art at juno.com
Fri Apr 27 15:15:21 EDT 2001

Greetings-
	I am a graduate student at Texas A&M at Corpus Christi.  I plan to
complete an internship for a M.S. degree in Mariculture this summer.  I
have a question concerning color of corals.  Why do corals within the
same species have different colors?  For example, variations of Sinularia
sp. or Sarcophyton sp. are commonly observed to be green, brown, white,
yellow or many other colors.
	Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Tom Gray