Diploria strigosa

anne cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Fri Aug 3 12:22:26 EDT 2001

Dear Don
I collected a few small (~15cm high) D. strigosa heads off Grapetree Bay, St
Croix last year.  Annual density bands are feint compared with those in D.
labyrinthiformis but one can still see narrow low density and wide high
density regions in x-ray. On average, annual band width (i.e. one high- plus
one low-density couplet) is 8mm, which is close to what we calculated for
Montastrea spp. (~10mm/year).
Hope this helps,
Anne.

--