Coral Spawning in the Bahamas

Iliana Baums ibaums at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon Aug 13 10:15:03 EDT 2001

Acropora palmata spawned on Aug 6 at 22.30 to 22.50 on Green Turtle Cay,
Abaco Island, Bahamas. Bundle formation was noted
at 20.35. Only about 5-10% of the colonies
spawned. Sunset was at 19.52, Moonrise at 21.40. The water was calm and we
had no winds or currents. We tried only the nights of 5 and 6 Aug.

Iliana Baums

Iliana Baums
PhD Student
RSMAS-MBF