Information required on Lomaiviti group, Fiji

Sangeeta Mangubhai smangubhai at africaonline.co.ke
Tue Aug 21 13:45:09 EDT 2001

In April 2001, WWF South Pacific coordinated scientific surveys of reefs within the Lomaiviti group in Fiji, aboard the Nai'a Cruises Fiji vessel.  The report is currently being prepared for submission to WWF South Pacific for their use, as well as communities, managers, conservation practitioners and government departments.

We are currently wishing to get in touch with researchers that have undertaken baseline surveys and/or other coral reef or fisheries research in the Lomaiviti group, so that we can compare our findings with the work of others, and to assist in making management recommendations. Specifically, we are looking for any publications or reports that have been published on this island group.

I am aware of a group called Greenforce which has down research in various parts of Fiji, and would like to make contact with members who have worked in Lomaiviti.

Cheers,

Sangeeta Mangubhai

Sangeeta Mangubhai
P.O. Box 10135