World Atlas of Coral Reefs

Mark Spalding Mark.Spalding at unep-wcmc.org
Wed Aug 22 12:50:02 EDT 2001

The UNEP-World Conservation Monitoring Centre has just completed the first ever "World Atlas of Coral Reefs". Details about the book can be found on our web-site on www.unep-wcmc.org/marine/coralatlas/

Official launch on 11 Sept, but you can already order the book from the University of California Press (and Amazon etc).

There will not be a full electronic version of the Atlas, however we are hopeful that much of the underlying map and statistical data from the Atlas will be available on the ReefBase web-site by the end of the year.

We still have a small number of copies which are being sent, free-of-charge, to active conservation programmes and libraries in developing countries. Send a short description describing the work of the organisation, its need for the book, and financial constraints.

Mark Spalding, PhD
Senior Marine Ecologist
UNEP-World Conservation Monitoring Centre   www.unep-wcmc.org
219 Huntingdon Road                                 Tel: +44 (0)1223 277314
Cambridge, CB3 0DL                                  Fax: +44 (0)1223 277136
UK                                    e-mail:mark.spalding at unep-wcmc.org

This E-mail and any attachments are private, intended solely for
the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient,
they have been sent to you in error: any use of information in
them is strictly prohibited.

The employer reserves the right to monitor the content of
the message and any reply received.