Proteins from carbonates?

Paul Hearty paul.hearty at jcu.edu.au
Mon Dec 3 17:46:57 EST 2001

Dear Nick,

People in the amino acid racemization trade have pretty much perfected
the extraction of protein and amino acids from carbonates of all
varieties including marine and land mollusks, foraminfera, ostracodes,
and bulk carbonate sands (as in dunes or marine deposits).

I refer you to Prof. Darrell Kaufman at Northern Arizona University
Amino Acid laboratory for details of the extraction technique.

Good luck, and please let us know if you have any additional
questions,
Sincerely,
Paul
--------