RoxAnn accuracy test

LWSze wahszelee at elcee-inst.com.my
Fri Dec 28 21:49:35 EST 2001

Dear all,

Season greetings and Happy New Year.

I am working on coral mapping using the RoxAnn hydroacoustic method.  I am
also testing how accurate RoxAnn's results are against traditional Line
Intercept Transect (LIT) method and 50x10m in-situ hand-drawn quadrat plot.
All 3 methods were performed on a same site.  I use Surfer 7 and Adobe
PhotoShop for image comparison (to calculate % of match substrate type using
different sampling method).  I first scanned the quadrat plot then
superposed it on a 50 x 10 cm grid using Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator.
The image was then imported to Surfer 7, superposed with RoxAnn track (data
points). However, it seems a great deal doing this.  There were a lot of
overlapping data points plotted on the RoxAnn track (in Surfer 7 file).
When superposed with the hand-drawn quadrat plot, it seems very confusing
trying to pin point the matching data points.

Could someone out there please give me some suggestions? Would really
appreciate that.

I have yet to try out the LIT method against RoxAnn image.

Best wishes,
Wah Sze Lee
Borneo Marine Research Institute
Universiti Malaysia Sabah
LB 2073
88999 KK SABAH
MALAYSIA

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C19056.814D5280

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dear all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Season greetings and Happy New Year.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am working on coral mapping using the RoxAnn =
hydroacoustic=20
method.&nbsp; I am also testing how accurate RoxAnn's results are =
against=20
traditional Line Intercept Transect (LIT) method and 50x10m in-situ =
hand-drawn=20
quadrat plot.&nbsp; All 3 methods were performed on a same site.&nbsp; I =
use=20
Surfer 7 and Adobe PhotoShop for image comparison (to calculate % of =
match=20
substrate type using different sampling method).&nbsp; I first scanned =
the=20
quadrat plot then superposed it on a 50 x 10 cm grid using Adobe =
PhotoShop and=20
Illustrator.&nbsp; The image was then imported to Surfer 7, superposed =
with=20
RoxAnn track (data points). However, it seems a great deal doing =
this.&nbsp;=20
There were a lot of overlapping data points plotted on the RoxAnn track =
(in=20
Surfer 7 file). &nbsp;When superposed with the hand-drawn quadrat plot, =
it seems=20
very confusing trying to pin point the matching data points. =
<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Could=20
someone out there&nbsp;please give me some suggestions? Would really =
appreciate=20
that.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I have yet to try out the LIT method against RoxAnn=20
image.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Best wishes,<BR>Wah Sze Lee<BR>Borneo Marine =
Research=20
Institute<BR>Universiti Malaysia Sabah<BR>LB 2073<BR>88999 KK =
SABAH</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT =
size=3D2>MALAYSIA<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>