Bryozoan sediments

Miklos Kazmer KAZMER at ludens.elte.hu
Sat Feb 3 16:11:52 EST 2001

Dear Colleagues,

Currently we are working on the paleoecology of Tertiary
bryozoan-dominated accumulations (bryozoan limestone and marl) and
searching for possible recent counterparts. Bryozoan-dominated means
that some tens of percents (at least 10 %) of the biogenic components (in
weight) is made of bryozoan skeletons. We think that such
bryozoan-favouring conditions occur when coral and coralline algal growth
is restricted.

Did you have in your experience met any recent bryozoan-dominated
sediments in a tropical or subtropical environment? (Temperate and
cool-water occurrences are common.)

Can you suggest for us anyone, who might be knowledgeable in this topic,
esp. biologists?

Many thanks for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Miklos Kazmer