Joint Meeting: 7th ICCB & European ISRS

Yehuda Benayahu denlit at post.tau.ac.il
Mon Feb 5 07:28:44 EST 2001

Dear Colleague,

    We continue here an update on the joint meeting of the 7th International
Conference on Coelenterate Biology (ICCB) and the annual European Meeting of
the International Society for Reef Studies (ISRS), planned for 21-25 October
2001 in Eilat, Israel.

    After extensive feedback from the International Scientific Committee of
the 7th ICCB, and much consultation with the local advisory committee, we
regret to announce that the ICCB meeting has been postponed for one year. A
formal announcement about the status of the European ISRS meeting will be
made soon.

    We will retain all submitted abstracts for the following year, and will
keep the conference web site open for further update
(http://www.congress.co.il/iccb-isrs).

    The decision to postpone this meeting was made due to the current
political situation in the Middle East, and was reached after much
deliberation. It was motivated by deep concern for the safety of all
participants and for the possibility of a successful meeting in the current
atmosphere in the region.

    We acknowledge the fruitful collaboration of many colleagues and
especially the help and ideas of members of the international organizing
committee. We hope that our colleagues in cnidarian biology will be able to
participate in this conference next year, and we continue to hope for peace
in our region.

Cordially,

Professor Yehuda Benayahu
Chair, ICCB