epoxy

_._. corvid at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 7 10:58:12 EST 2001

At 9:49 PM -0500 2/6/01, you wrote:

>Nikki,
>
>I know of one such epoxy. It was illustrated in a terrific article in the
>Marine Fish and Reef USA annual Magazine 2001. The article was entitled
>Coral Propagation in the Home Aquarium: A Cut Goes A Long Way by Randy
>Donowitz. The article discussed Strategies for attaching coral fragments.
>The article is worth looking up. The material used is called Aqua
>tik( Stone Grey Epoxy Putty). It comes in a syringe type tube. Unfortunately
>I do not have a manufacturers name. My best guess would be to try to find
>the email address of Mr. Donowitz. Perhaps someone could help in this
>regard.

Steve and others,

The Aquastik mentioned above may or may not be from DuPont Dow, it is kind
of hard to tell. Most WWW citations mention a company called Two Little
Fishies. Their web page at

http://petsforum.com/twolilfishies/tlf_prod_access.html contains some
information about Aquastik and a link to their page for orders.

And http://www.acropora.com/library/juliansprung.html has a little more
information.

Cheers,

Christopher Crow