REMOTE SENSING OF CORAL REEFS

Karen Joyce k.joyce at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 15:38:13 EST 2001

My apologies if you have already received this message. And thankyou to the
many people who have already responded.

Hi!

As part of my PhD project at the University of Queensland in Australia, I am
conducting a survey investigating the extent to which remote sensing (aerial
photography, airborne images, satellite images) is used for monitoring and
managing coral reefs.

The objective of this survey is to establish how and why remote sensing data
are, or are not being used for reef monitoring and management activities,
and how we can better use these data for management purposes.

If you do not use remotely sensed data, I would still like to hear from you!
However, if you are not the best person to respond, please pass this message
on.

The survey is available on-line at:
http://www.geosp.uq.edu.au/brg/surveys/coral_survey.htm and takes
approximately 10 minutes to complete. I would greatly appreciate your
response before Friday 16th February.

If you are having problems submitting the survey over the net, you can also
print a copy and fax it to me at the number below. (NB. Please do not use
inverted commas or apostrophes as these interfere with the code behind the
form). If you have any other difficulties accessing the survey, please let
me know and I will fax, e.maill or send you a copy.

If you choose to participate your contribution will remain anonymous and I
will provide you with a summary report when it is completed.

Please feel free to send the details on to anyone that may be interested.

Thankyou!

Karen Joyce

Karen Joyce
Biophysical Remote Sensing Group
Department of Geographical Sciences and Planning
University of Queensland
St Lucia, Qld. 4072
Ph. 61-7-3365 6534
Fax. 61-7-3365 6899