Save Blue Bay marine park

Doris Sénèque ecosud at intnet.mu
Sat Feb 17 04:50:26 EST 2001

Dear nature lovers

The marine park of Blue Bay in Mauritius is threatened by promoters who want to build a luxury hotel on a small islet in the lagoon where are clustered coral patches of outstanding beauty. Despite the fact that Blue Bay has been proclaimed "a marine park" in 1997 and that ecologist NGOs are against the hotel project, the promoters have never given up.
They have submitted an EIA (Environment Impact Assessment) report to the government to obtain their EIA licence and start building their hotel as soon as possible.The answer of the authorities is expected anytime.
The association ECO-SUD has fought that project from the start because we are convinced that it will harm the fragile ecosystem of the bay.
If you want to understand better what is at stake, visit the following website
http://www.intnet.mu/iels
and then help us save our natural heritage which can also be considered a world heritage.

Doris Sénèque
(Secretary - ECO-SUD)