Coral Reproductive biology

Ron Devine Vave s96007966 at student.usp.ac.fj
Wed Feb 21 04:19:11 EST 2001

Bula (Hello) from Fiji!

I'm an MSc student at the University of the South Pacific here in Fiji,
and would like to incorporate a study on the reproductive biology of coral
tissues as part of my research. I would like to employ histological
techniques (mentioned in Shimoike et al, 1992 but no procedures) in order
to examine the maturity of oocytes and testes in coral polyp tissues; if
possible to categorize the oocytes and spermaries into their developmental
categories (oocyte and spermary categories mentioned in Glynn et al,
1991).

Could someone please direct me to articles or books which outline the
procedures involved in the histological study of coral polyp tissues?
Books on histology that I have access to are: [a] Carleton, H. M. 1980.
Carleton's Histological technique, [b] Disbrey, B.D. 1970. Histological
laboratory methods. and [c] Luna, J.G. 1968. Manual of histologic staining
methods of the armed forces institute of pathology (used in Glynn et al,
1991)

Thanking you in advance for all your time and help.

Regards

Ron Devine Vave

--------------2011CF243F61D0C507688508

begin:vcard
n:Eakin;C. Mark
tel;fax:303-497-6513
tel;work:303-497-6172
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/paleo
org:NOAA / NGDC;Paleoclimatology Program
adr:;;325 Broadway, E/GCx3;Boulder;CO;80305-3328;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:mark.eakin at noaa.gov
title:Chief and Director of World Data Center for Paleoclimatology
x-mozilla-cpt:;1
fn:C. Mark Eakin
end:vcard