Coral disease

Kamla Ruby kamlaruby at intnet.mu
Sat Feb 24 03:43:41 EST 2001

The temperature near the coral colonies was 30C (taken with a mercury thermometer). i excluded thermal bleaching at that time because only one species was bleached. There was no sign of bleaching from  the other species, esp.branching acropora species. It might afterall be localised thermal bleaching .I will be retrieving the data loggers which has been set on the western coast of Mauritius on 26th Feb. I will keep you informed.
I will also conduct a transfection as suggested by Laurie to make sure that it has got nothing to do with diseases.
Thanks