Hawaii Coral Reef Initiative Research Program RFP
HCRI Research Program
HCRIResearchProgram at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 17:12:28 EST 2001
APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS-POSTING
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Hawaii Coral Reef Initiative Research Program (administered by the Social Science Research Institute of the University of Hawaii) is issuing a call for proposals for its FY01-02 project cycle. About $775,000 should be available for research and monitoring activities. Proposals are due 4:00 p.m. HST on March 19th, 2001.
For a copy of the full RFP, go to www.hawaii.edu/ssri/HCRI. Or, contact Risa Minato (808/956-7479) (HCRIResearchProgram at hawaii.rr.com).
1. Assess the economic value of Hawaii's various coral reef ecosystems.
2. Inventory and evaluate Hawaii's marine protected areas.
3. Investigate Hawaii's marine water quality standards and classifications.
4. Examine the linkage between land-based activities and coral reef ecosystems degradation in Hawaii.
5. Analyze historical variability of coral reef ecosystems in Hawaii.
6. Investigate techniques to remove alien and invasive algae threatening Hawaii's coral reef ecosystems.
7. Enhance monitoring and assessment of Hawaii's coral reef ecosystems.
An informational meeting will be held at 3:00 p.m. on February 6th, 2001 at Bishop Museum's Atherton Halau.
*The University of Hawaii is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Coral-list-old