Fishing and national park fees throughout the Caribbean

Duncan Vaughan duncanvaughan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 10:17:16 EDT 2001

I am in the process of reviewing the licence fees for
fishing and access for national parks within the Turks
and Caicos Islands because they have not been raised
for about 15 years.  To that end I would appreciate it
if anybody could supply me with the costs of licences
within other Caribbean countries and the year in which
those costs were established so that a comparable
licence fee can be ascertained.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Duncan Vaughan
Chief Conservation Officer
Department of Environment and Coastal Resources
South Caicos
Turks and Caicos Islands
British West Indies
Tel./Fax.: 649 946 3306
Mobile: 946 231 3746
Emails: decrsouth at tciway.tc or
duncanvaughan at yahoo.co.uk

Licences currently available in the TCI are as
follows:

Costs of licences issued under the Fisheries
Protection Ordinance

Commercial Fisherman’s Licence
Belongers $40.00
Others $150.00

Sports fishing Licence
Belongers	No licence requirement
Residents other than Belongers	$30.00
Visitors (valid for 30 days from the issue date)$15.00

Commercial Fishing Vessel Licence
(i)Length not exceeding 20 ft overall
Local	$35.00
Foreign owned	$2,000.00
(ii)	Length exceeding 20 ft but not exceeding 30ft
overall
Local	$150.00
Foreign owned	$3,000.00
(iii)	Length exceeding 30 ft overall
Local	$200.00
Foreign owned	$4,000.00

Sports fishing Charter Vessel Licence
(i)Length not exceeding 20 ft overall	$200.00
(ii)Length exceeding 20 ft but not exceeding 30 ft
overall	$300.00

Ordinary Fishing Vessel Licence
(i)Length not exceeding 20 ft overall
Local	$20.00
Foreign	$75.00
(ii)	Length exceeding 20 ft but not exceeding 30 ft
overall
Local	$40.00
Foreign	$100.00

Tournament Fishing Vessel Licence (per
tournament)$100.00
Tournament Fishing Licence (per tournament)$50.00
Processing or Export Licence $8,000.00

Costs of licences issued under the National Parks
Ordinance
National Park User Licence
Vessels up to 16 ft and powered only by human effort
(paddles, oars, sails)	No charge
All other vessels up to 30 ft $200.00
Vessel 30 – 60 ft $300.00
Vessels with a length greater than 60 ft $500.00