Potential Bleaching expands

Jim_Maragos at r1.fws.gov Jim_Maragos at r1.fws.gov
Fri Jul 27 00:42:16 EDT 2001

Dear coral bleachers,
Sorry I've been incognito.  I was on vacation the month of June, at French
Frigate Shoals last week, and sometime about 2 months ago I was
inadvertently deleted from the coral list!  Thanks to Jim Hendee and Dave,
I just got word today you folks are in town.  If it's not too late I'd like
to talk or meet with the NOAA folks before you leave.  My phone number is
541-1699, ext 166.  Thanks,  Jim Maragos

                    DAVID_A_GULKO at exec.state.h
                    i.us                              To:     "Alan E Strong" <Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov>,
                    Sent by:                          DAVID_A_GULKO at exec.state.hi.us
                    owner-coral-list at coral.aom        cc:     Coral-list
                    l.noaa.gov                        <coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov>, Ingrid Guch
                                                      <Ingrid.Guch at noaa.gov>, Jill Meyer
                                                      <Jill.Meyer at noaa.gov>, Rusty.Brainard at noaa.gov,
                    07/26/01 03:09 PM                 Jean.Kenyon at noaa.gov, steve.roman at noaa.gov, Jim
                                                      Hendee <hendee at aoml.noaa.gov>
                                                      Subject:     Re[2]: Potential Bleaching expands

Alan,
    If you folks have time it'd be great to touch base (how about Gordon
Bierch for beer and pupus after you folks are done for the day...it's
located at Aloha Tower Market Place, just let me know what day & time would
be good). Rusty and I have talked about the possibility of attaching some
settlement plates near the monitoring stations to look at coral planula
larvae settlement.

Rusty's been great about interacting with all of us to try and mitigate any
concerns any of the trustee agencies might have regarding placement of the
buoys within the lagoons adjacent to reef resources.  He's really set an
excellent example for the rest of us to try and follow.

Aloha,
    Dave