Diver Tourism

Stephen C Jameson sjameson at coralseas.com
Tue Jun 26 10:14:35 EDT 2001

Dear Iain and other interested coral-listers,

Regarding:

>Hi.
>
>I'm running a research project looking at the potential effects of an =
>increase in diver tourism in the Turks and Caicos Islands, based mainly =
>around methods for establishing the carrying capacity of the reefs here. =
>Does anyone know of any papers / web-sites / journals that would be =
>useful?
>
>Thanks you.
>
>Iain.
>
>Iain Ellis,
>Marine Policy Lecturer,
>Center for Marine Resource Studies,
>PO Box 007, South Caicos
>Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies
>Phone:  00 (1) 649 946-3362
>Fax: 00 (1) 649 946-3246
>email: iainellis at sfs-tci.org
>www.fieldstudies.org

You will find the following paper of interest.  It also has a good
bibliography on the subject of carrying capacities.

Jameson SC, Ammar MSA, Saadalla E, Mostafa HM, Riegl B (1999) A coral
damage index
and its application to diving sites in the Egyptian Red Sea. Coral Reefs
(Special
Issue on The Science of Coral Reef Management) 18(4):333-339

Best regards,

Dr. Stephen C. Jameson, President
Coral Seas Inc. - Integrated Coastal Zone Management
4254 Hungry Run Road, The Plains, VA  20198-1715  USA
Office:  703-754-8690, Fax:  703-754-9139
Email:  sjameson at coralseas.com
Web Site:  www.coralseas.com