Underwater Timers

gorka sancho gsancho at azti.es
Tue Mar 27 02:16:55 EST 2001

Dear Phil,

Normal digital underwater wrist watches have worked for me.  Specifically
most Casio models have a timer feature that will beep for 5 seconds at
whatever intervals you want.  The signal is clearly audible when not wearing
a thick hood, and I never detected any response from spawning fish to the
beeping (but you should check this in your setting).

  I will reccomend you the Casio G-shock 200M model, available at any
Bradlees or large department store for 30-40 US$, it is rugged dive watch
and it beeps loudly.

Cheers,
Gorka

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Dr Gorka Sancho
AZTI - Technological Institute for Fisheries and Food,
Department of Fisheries Resources,
Txatxarramendi Ugartea z/g
48395 SUKARRIETA, Basque Country
SPAIN