Butterflyfishes and fishing

kochzius at uni-bremen.de kochzius at uni-bremen.de
Wed May 23 11:08:23 EDT 2001

Hi coral listers!

Here is a interesting reply from Andy.
I would be interested if other people made a similar experience and if
there is any study about fishing pressure on butterfly fishes. Beside small
scale fishery in developing countries I also would expect that collecting
for aquarium fishes will have a negative impact on the population of
butterflyfishes in certain areas.

Best fishes

Marc