Coral translocation

edwin grandcourt edwin_grandcourt at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:36:24 EST 2001

Dear all,

There is a reef currently threatened by a reclamation project off the coast
of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. We are considering ways to
translocate as many colonies as possible several kilometers away (rather
than have it turned into land). I was wondering if anyone could help with
advise on techniques for transportation.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edwin Grandcourt
Marine Environmental Research Center
Environmental Research and