No subject

Raymundo Laurie lauriejr at dgte.mozcom.com
Tue Nov 20 19:03:36 EST 2001

Hello, all:

I have heard reference to Millepora spp. as "weedy" species--i.e.,
establishing after disturbance.  Therefore, if a reef has an abundance of
Millepora, this may be a sign of past disturbance or reef stress.  Has
anyone else heard of this?  If so, does anyone know of anything published
that could be cited?  Better yet, if there are any authors out there of any
such references, might I request a reprint?

Thank you....

Laurie