Land based sources of pollution//source estimates

Bob Buddemeier buddrw at kgs.ukans.edu
Tue Oct 2 10:59:43 EDT 2001

Katharina, or anyone --

Do you have either estimates or expert-judgement opinions on the relative extent
to which (or the geographic areas in which) the observed high-turbidity areas
are primarily related to:
a. medium or large river discharge;
b. stream, small river or open coast runoff; or
c. local resuspension of existing sediments?

Getting some idea of the relative importance of these components of the
turbidity forcing is critical to deriving impact predictions from climate, wave,
and land-use models.

Thanks,

Bob Buddemeier

--