on flaming

Mike Risk riskmj at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Sat Oct 6 11:16:15 EDT 2001

Jim:

Effective immediately, I am removing my name from Coral-list.

First, it's not doing my psyche any good. I find that I am beginning to
descend into the same sort of behaviour for which I have castigated others.

Second, I'm not sure it's doing the reefs any good. It seems that my
messages, whatever they may be, are not getting across. I can only hope that
they are like those coated aspirins I take for hangovers: they don't
dissolve right away in your stomach, because they might cause upset, but are
absorbed later on. (This analogy better end here!)

As always, I remain eager to interact with colleagues. Should anyone out
there wish to communicate with me, please feel free to do so:
riskmj at mcmaster.ca

Thanks for doing a great job. See you.