Acanthaster control programs

Hugh Sweatman h.sweatman at aims.gov.au
Mon Sep 10 01:50:38 EDT 2001

Colleagues

I am reviewing information related to crown-of-thorns starfish control
programs and am interested in strategies, successes, failures, costs, etc.

While I can search the mainstream literature, a lot of what gets written
down about such programs is in very grey literature that is not always well
referenced.

I would be interested to hear from people involved in programs over the
last 10-12 years (post-Birkeland and Lucas) and especially about any
documentation.

Please address replies to me (rather than clogging everyone's mailboxes)
and I will post a summary on coral-list shortly.

Hugh Sweatman
Long Term Monitoring Program,
Australian Institute of Marine Science,
PMB3 Townsville MC, Qld 4810
Australia
ph: (07) 4753 4470 / +61 747 534470 [GMT +10]
faxes: (07) 4772 5852 / (07) 4753 4288